Sunday, October 18, 2009

Greek vinaigrette dressing

1 cup Bariani olive oil
1/8 cup lemon juice
¼ tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
¼ tsp basil
¼ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp oregano
1 large clove garlic mashed

Put all the ingredients together in a closed jar and shake well. Keep in refrigerator; this should stay fresh 2 weeks.

Evermens co-op in Pensacola, Fl. Has a great deli dept and every time I’m there at lunch time I like to get a salad with Greek vinaigrette dressing. I’ve asked a few times what they used to make the dressing because it’s so good, but no one could come up with anything more then olive oil and greek seasonings. This is what I came up with after spending some time on what greek seasonings might be, and for the record it was just what I wanted it to turn out.
The next recipe was an onion cracker. When I was at Grazzo’s in August for my schooling they served us these onion crackers at lunch that were really good, nice crisp and not over powering in flavor. With so much to do in a 12 hour school day I forgot to ask how they made the crackers, oh well I think I did get the recipe close. They came out crisp which I think is important in a cracker and the flavor was not over done. Which is important if you are eating this with a flavored cheese or spread?

No comments:

Post a Comment