Sunday, October 18, 2009

I had a very productive weekend. I was suppose to go camping with my son’s Wolf Cub Scout group, but as life would have it I stayed home with a bad back while Dad and son got to go bond in the wild together. I had to take it easy but I did manage to get some Raw food in. This week I watched a video from renegade heath show
part 1 How Handmade Chocolate is Made (Part 1) – The Renegade Health Show Episode #415 ,
part 2 How to Make Handmade Chocolates (Part 2) – The Renegade Health Show Episode #416
Kevin and Annmarie had Jeff Botticelli on who is a master chocolate maker. The only problem was I needed to make this chocolate it looked so good but they did not give a recipe on how they made it, you just had to follow what they did in the video. The chocolate candy I made was the first of three recipes I did this weekend. I also made some changes to what I thought was his recipe, but here it is. Oh and I have to say they turned out Sooooo good, I gave them to anyone who came over to try. The Raw honey was the perfect sweeter to use, it was a cross between a York peppermint patty and a mint melt away.

Mint Cacao Candy

4oz dry Cacao paste
4oz dry Cacao butter
¾ cup Really Raw Honey
½ cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup Cacao powder

8 drops Young Living Peppermint essential oil (if you use a different oil brand the number of drops could be different)
Makes about 7-8 doz. depending on the size of your candy mold

I used a 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup and I melted my coconut oil first. Then added my dry Cacao paste and butter, along with the raw honey. I then put this in my Excalibur dehydrator for a few hours to melt everything. Once you have everything melted add the Cacao powder and mix real well. I then added 2 drops of Young Living peppermint essential oil to every ½ cup mix I had. I had 2 cups of mix so it worked out to 8 drops of peppermint oil. Now spend a good amount of time mixing your candy, you want the oil to mix well with the other ingredients. Then pour the mixture into a candy mold and put into the freezer to set.

No comments:

Post a Comment